Once again, Judson graduates strong classes of undergraduate and graduate architecture students. The past two weeks of final critiques, papers, and exams have come and gone, culminating in a graduation awards ceremony on Friday and commencement on Saturday. The elevating members of the sophomore class are preparing to enter the professional years (3 and 4) of the program this fall. The junior class is preparing to go to Rome in a week for a month-long study abroad; taking them to Italy and later to Spain. The senior graduating class is preparing for a year-long internship as a requirement for earning the M.Arch. And the graduate class is embarking on the next chapter of their architecture training, NCARB IDP.
The graduation awards program and open house was a great evening of exhibiting works, a round-the-world appetizer banquet, and great fellowship with family and friends. The department of architecture conferred 19 different awards and recognitions including:
1. Tau Sigma Delta Honor Society Bronze Medal: Hanna Weber
2. Alpha Rho Chi Bronze Medal: Katherine Guttormson
3. ARCC King Medal: Thomas Sharp
4. ALA Scholastic Achievement Award: JoAnna Landers
5. ALA Illinois Student Award: Ryan Dale VenHuizen
6. Chairs Award for Professional Promise Undergrad: Danny Nelson
7. Chairs Award for Professional Promise Graduate: Tyler Hughes
8. Outstanding Performance in Fourth Year Design: Justin Bashaw, Hanna Weber, Danny Nelson, Nathaniel Dunn, Carina Cook, Jason Norris
9. Kern Fellows Recognition (09-10): Thomas Sharp, Benjamin Scarbro, Joseph Juhl
10. Graduate Scholarship Recognition (09-10): Thomas Sharp, JoAnna Landers, Joseph Juhl
Some remarkable projects from this past semester follow.